Just 35 minutes by car from the Kailua-Kona Airport (17 miles, 27.2 km), 20 minutes south of Kailua-Kona (10.5 miles), Weíre located between highway marker 110 and 111 about 1/4 mile down a private driveway from Mamalahoa Hwy (ocean side) and only a few feet from Napoopoo road which leads to Kealakekua Bay, a marine sanctuary and snorkelerís delight. The top of Napoopoo Road, (just minutes from the farm) also starts a hiking trail to the Captain Cook Monument. This trail can also be traveled by horseback.
- Kealakekua Bay (Captain Cook Monument) Kayak or swim with dolphins
- Honaunau Bay ( swim with sea turtles, watch dolphins, great snorkeling beach)
- Puíuhonua O Honanau (Place of Refuge)
- Horseback Riding to Captain Cook Monument ( starts at hiking trail)
- Hiking trail to Captain Cook Monument ( starting point º mile)
- Hoíokena ( sandy beach with lava pools
- Volcano Park ( about 70 miles, 2 hour drive)
- Coffee museum
- Greenwell Park ( collection of native Hawaiian plants and flowers)
- 101 Things To Do
From the Kona Airport road turn right on Hwy 11 (south). It will take about 35 min. by car, about 18 miles. The Rainbow Plantation sign is on the ocean side of Hwy 11, between mile marker 111 and 110, about 200 feet north of the Chevron gasoline station in Captain Cook. (Mountain side). Our country road "Anuenue Lane" (950' long') will take you directly from the Hwy to the Rainbow Planation.